Nowadays, businesses need to protect themselves well in the face of frequent digital hacks. Many organizations have made the mistake of trying to get by without protecting their devices.
What is ROI?
ROI is an indicator of return on investment, or it is also called the return on investment ratio from the English term Return On Investment. This value is calculated as a percentage.
If the indicator is above 100%, it indicates the profitability of capital investments, and if it is below 100%, it indicates a loss.
The ROI is considered in many places: in business, in real estate transactions, when launching advertising campaigns, and in other areas. The coefficient shows the feasibility of investing money in the project. In the case of marketing, ROI helps determine the effectiveness of the activities carried out in terms of increasing sales.
The formula for calculating the return on investment
ROI (Return On Investment) = (return on investment – cost) / investment * 100
– Income from investments – the existing profit from the sale of goods or services for the reporting period, the total amount of proceeds;
– Cost – the amount of money that is spent to generate income for a certain period;
– Investment amount – the number of investments in the purchase of a business or real estate, marketing. This value can be equal to the number of costs, for example, when determining the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
And what is antivirus software?
It is a computer program that detects, prevents, and performs certain actions to block or remove malicious programs such as viruses and worms. You can protect your computer from viruses with antivirus software.
The need to use antivirus software
Good antivirus software should warn you against downloading viruses and protect you from opening unsafe files. According to TotalAV antivirus review by Bestantiviruspro.org, this one does well with all these items. This is why it is important to have antivirus software installed on your computer with the latest updates.
An antivirus is a tool aimed at detecting intrusion attempts, finding vulnerabilities in an operating system or application.
Many users have dozens of programs installed on their computers. Some of them are used daily, others every six months but all of them are certainly needed. The problem is that even small utilities such as an archiver cost from 20$ to 40$ while the price of large packages like office programs or video editing packages is hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
As a result, if you use only paid versions of all programs, you will have to spend a large amount and your ROI will never be refunded. But most importantly, all these programs have free counterparts. And very often they are in no way inferior to paid products. Therefore, using free software is not stinginess, but completely normal behavior due to common sense.
What’s wrong with being infected with a malicious virus
Viruses are different, some just spy on you and collect your preferences for advertising purposes, some click on links on your behalf to wind up traffic counters. Someone is attacking distant servers, using your computer as a springboard, so that if something happens, the police will come to you, and not to them. Some Trojans covertly turn on the webcam in your laptop or phone and observe what you are doing at night. and for companies, it is also very dangerous, since a lot of documents are stored on the computer.
One awkward move like a click on a document in a letter from a close friend or letter from some company and your data is encrypted. Your photo album for example like a wedding, children’s, personal photos, your documents – everything. Even if you use cloud storage like Dropbox with automatic file syncing or a service backup, this does not guarantee anything. The chances are very high that the data will be encrypted locally and immediately overwritten in the cloud. In return, you will get a chance and not a guarantee to decipher your digital life by sending a couple of hundred dollars of ransom to the attacker and that’s is how bad antivirus program can influence your ROI.
How do I choose the best free antivirus?
A good program should not only be able to eradicate existing malware but also prevent it from entering your computer. And what could be better if we get good antivirus software for free.
Useful search functions:
– An antivirus product must scan files on the way, and prevent you from running a malicious program, and also scans the entire system on-demand or on a set schedule.
– Blocking access to malicious hosts and URLs to avoid trouble. Protects users from fraudulent, phishing sites that try to steal login credentials.
– Detection-based behavior, a feature of some antivirus products, is a double-edged sword. It can detect malware that has never been seen before but, on the other hand, if not done correctly, it can upset the user with a message about a perfectly legitimate program.
– Other useful features include USB threat attack prevention, router scanning, and clearing traces of browsing history.
Bad antivirus problems
1. It Will not protect you from ransomware viruses
2. Will not be able to maintain online privacy and security
3. Does not provide protection ahead of hackers
4. Will not provide a flexible choice of modes that will allow your computer to work the way you need
5. Incomprehensible interface
You always need to be very careful
Antivirus is only part of protecting your PC. No antivirus software is perfect for 100%, as all antivirus tests show that malware is getting better and more sophisticated all the time. If you are not careful, you can infect your PC even if you are using antivirus. Scan the system with other antiviruses, so you can find malware that the previous one could not detect.